- Do you feel a sense of disconnection from your own body?
- Are you living with chronic pain or fatigue?
- Have you lost your sense of enjoyment for movement?
- Would you like to feel safer and move with more confidence?
Join Carrie Craven and I beginning January 12th for a four-week class that explores your relationship with your body. You’ll begin to explore the origins of your movement patterns, discover ways you and your body have become disconnected and begin your healing journey!
This class is designed to help re-establish the mind-body-spirit connection. There are a myriad of experiences you have had in your life that have chipped away at this connection, weakening your ability to be in tune with your body’s needs.
Carrie and I will combine structural movement exercises, journaling prompts, and guided meditations that will explore your relationship with your body while reconnecting with the joy and fun of movement.
Podcast Interview on Embodiment
The Class Details
Week One - Exploring the Mind/Body/Spirit Connection
- Begin to gain awareness of where you feel most connected in your body
- Create your personal body map with the help of guided meditation
- Discovering our aligned or connected posture
- Learn to feel the difference between how we move when we feel connected and safe vs under threat
Week Two - Finding Your Inner Child
- Find the clarity of your center through energy clearing exercises
- Enhance our sense of connection through gained awareness of our senses
- Revisit some early developmental movement patterns, such as rolling and crawling to re-establish connection in our bodies
- Learn to listen to and interpret what your body is saying to you about your wellbeing
- End with an Inner Child meditation – what the child inside you needs or wants to allow reconnection
Week Three - Conscious Adult
- What story is your adult body telling?
- Learn to listen and interpret what your body is saying to you about your wellbeing
- Recognize the ways your body moves differently as an adult
- Explore how some of the daily movements patterns we choose as adults and see how they differ from the ones we may/or may not have learned earlier in life
- Becoming aware of our most common adult emotional states
Week Four - Embodied Alignment
- Integrating our adult self with our child
- Making the connection between our emotional states and how we move
- Discover how our childlike movement is different from how we’re moving today
- Explore different ways of incorporating your inner child into your adult life
- Learn how your inner child and adult self can learn to work together to help you move your best, reduce the experience of pain, and create more joy in your movement
About the Instructors
Laura Rowe is an empath, spiritual seeker, and intuitive healer living in Portland, Oregon.
Laura founded The Vital Spirit in 2013 and has worked with hundreds of empaths helping them feel comfortable in their skin and connected in this world. She has spent 35 years studying spiritual traditions and practices and the last 16 years studying empaths and training in intuitive energy healing modalities, with certificates in reiki and Theta Healing.
My own healing journey brought me to work with Carrie and I can attest to the power of the work of embodiment. Many empaths are disconnected from their body and as we get older it becomes more of a problem.
Carrie Craven is a Functional Movement Educator from Portland, OR.
She specializes in helping women improve the quality of their everyday lives by teaching them how to connect and build relationships with their bodies, understand what makes them move better, and helps them to take back control when working through pain or injury. She aims to help women find “their joy” in movement again at any age.
She enjoys biking, kayaking, horseback riding, hiking, and is also a proud dog mom of a sweet chocolate labrador, and a “thinks she’s much bigger than she is” chiweenie.
Find out more @ Yourhealthfirstllc.com
Register to Attend
Class Meetings: January 12, 19, 26 and February 2
Time: 5:45 PM – 7:00 PM Pacific Time
*No refunds for missed classes
*Min of 6 participants to run class
*Participants must sign waiver