Here on the Winter Solstice is a perfect time to reflect on the past year as we prepare for the next. Take a moment away from the end of year activities to take stock of your journey.
As we wind down this year, we can choose to release all that we have birthed, carried, and withstood this year so we may begin 2021 as an empty vessel ready to be filled with new adventures and love.
In the stillness, let go of any disappointments, perceived failures, outmoded relationships, successful achievements, completed goals, abandoned goals (yes, sometimes we need to abandon a goal or two), and any other experience that no longer requires our energy.
Take a moment to acknowledge our collective grief and frustration from all we have endured during the pandemic, civil unrest, bizarre election cycle, and mounting evidence of global warming. Feel it and ask for it to be released.
The Empty Vessel Winter Solstice Ritual
- Make a list, write down each experience or belief that you are ready to release on a piece of paper. In a safe place, light a match and let the page burn to free all of the energy that you have lovingly held for those dreams, beliefs, and/or disappointments.
- Sleep, rest, nap, stare out the window or into the fire, at nothing at all. Don’t think or plan–just be empty for a while.
- Light some candles and bathe in warm water with healing salt and essential oils. Soak until you are pruney fingered and your mind is relaxed.
- Release the psychic and emotional wounds of the past year with Healing Meditation for Releasing 2020. This recording is from the last Aligned Journey Talk, Winding Down the Year.
- Once you are empty — meditate. Do your favorite meditative activity–for once empty, you are ready to fill back up again with inspiration for the coming year.
We will now move ahead on our journey with greater focus and cleaner energy to put towards our existing commitments and new projects and with fewer attachments to the trials of 2020.
I wish you all a Happy Winter Solstice!